Stuart Haszeldine Home Page and CV
School of GeoSciences,
University of Edinburgh
B.Sc. (Edinburgh), Ph.D. (Strathclyde). Chartered Geologist. Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, Professor of Sedimentary Geology
- 2006 Department of Trade and Industry Asessor: Technology Programme for Renewable and new Energies
- 2006 Natural Environment Research Council: Advisory Group on Energy Research
- 2005-06 House of Commons Westminster, Science and Technology Committee: Technical Adviser on Carbon Capture and Storage
- 2005-09 Scottish Centre for Carbon Dioxide Storage (SCCS): co-Leader in collaboration with Heriot-Watt
- 2005-08 NERC Carbon Capture and CO2 storage, Towards a Sustainable Energy Economy: UKCCSC: co-Leader
- 2005-10 UK Energy Research Centre theme: UK Carbon Management: Geological Storage of CO2
- 2004 Annual Boyd Visiting lecturer in Petroleum Geology: Unversity of Texas at Austin
- 2004 CSIC Barcelona Invited Guest speaker
- 2003 "World series" Guest Speaker: University of St Andrews, Scotland
- 2000 Annual Saltire Society "Scottish Science Prize" Lecture: Royal Society of Edinburgh
- 2003 - 06 External Examiner in Geosciences, University of St Andrews
- 2002 - 05 Head of Graduate Organisation, University of Edinburgh, School of GeoSciences
Winner of Saltire Society 1999 Scottish Science Award
"making a major contribution to science"
Awarded 12th April 2000 at the
Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Petroleum geology & geophysics.
- Clastic and carbonate reservoir quality
- Coal geology.
- Sedimentary petrology
- Sandstone cementation and diagenesis
- Radioactive waste disposal
- Geological maps and mapping
- Sediments and basins of eastern England field course
- Energy studies.
- Clastic sedimentology
- Basin fluids and sediment architecture
- Seminar techniques.
- Scanning Electron Microscope.
- Fluid inclusions.
- Field courses: East Yorkshire, NW Scottish Highlands, Northumberland Basin
- Carbon dioxide, deep geological storage
- Porosity and permeability in sandstones and carbonates
- Reservoir quality and diagenesis in hydrocarbon reservoirs
- Radioactive waste disposal
- Porefluids in petroleum basins
- Oil & coal geology.
- Silverpit meteorite impact, North Sea
- Low-temperature isotope applications to fluid and solute transfer.
- Numerical modelling of fluid flow in sedimentary basins.
- Tectonics of basin formation.
- Carboniferous and opening history of North Atlantic.
- Lineament control of basins, ores, volcanics.
- Honorary Professor: Heriot-Watt University.
- External Examiner, School of Geosciences, University of St Andrews
- Royal Society of Edinburgh
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Geological Society of London
- International Association of Sedimentologists
- Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain
- SEPM (Society for Sedimentary Geology)
Room 321, Telephone 0131 650 8549, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments to Mark Wilkinson
, School of GeoSciences, Edinburgh University