Palmer Group News and Press
- May 2013: Liang Feng invited to give an oral presentation at the upcoming ESA LIving Planet Conference in Edinburgh.
- March 2013: James Barlow allocated an oral presentation at the upcoming EGU conference in Vienna.
- February 2013: Paul Palmer awarded a Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award
- November 2012: Silvia Caldararu passes her PhD viva!
- October 2012: Annemarie Fraser and Silvia Caldararu are invited to give oral presentations at Fall AGU in San Francisco.
- August 30 2012: Silvia Caldararu submitted her thesis!!!
- March 2012: Silvia Caldararu has her first paper accepted!
- November 22 2011: Anthony Bloom passes his PhD viva.
- October 2011: Rob Trigwell get a distinction for his MSc.
- June 2011: Eddy Barrett gets a first-class degree! Off to University of Colorado in September after spending the summer working on BORTAS-B.
- April 2011: Paul Palmer appointed a Visiting Researcher at Microsoft Research, Cambridge from September 2011 for 12 months.
- January 2011: Rob Trigwell joins the group as a MSc student.
- October 2010: James Barlow joins the group as PhD student.
- September 2010:Catherine Hardacre joins the group as a PDRA.
- August 2010:Claire Bulgin passed her PhD viva will flying colours!
- July 2010: Paul Palmer to receive the 2010 Zeldovich Medal from the COSPAR Scientific Commission A for "young scientists who have demonstrated excellence and achievement in their field of research." (UofEd URL)
- May 2010: Eddy Barratt secures a prestigious undergraduate science bursary from the Nuffield Foundation.
- January 2010: Publicity for Anthony's Science paper feature in
- Dec-ish, 2009: Anthony Bloom's paper about methane accepted by Science magazine.
- June 25th, 2009: Paul Palmer promoted to Professor of Quantitative Earth Observation.
- June 19th, 2009: Mike Barkley has won a NERC postdoctoral fellowship!!
- June 1st, 2009: Mark Parrington (Toronto University) joins the group to work on the BORTAS project.
- May 1st, 2009: Stephan Matthiesen (Edinburgh University) joins the group as BORTAS project manager.
- March, 2009: Anthony Bloom has been selected for a "Japan Society for the Promotion of Science" summer fellowship to work at the National Institute for Environmental Studies in Japan to analyse new satellite measurements of atmospheric methane from the Greenhouse Observing SATellite (GOSAT).
- February 2009: Work mentioned "Accounting from Above," The Economist, February 12th.
- January/February 2009: Group work on the GOSAT and OCO instruments receives media attention (BBC, Guardian, The Scotsman, Economist)
- January 2009: Win Trivitayanurak (Carnegie Mellon University) joins the group to work on the NERC APPRAISE ACES project.
- November 2008: Annemarie Fraser (Toronto University) joins the group to work on the NERC National Centre for Earth Observation.
- October 2008: Paul Palmer awarded a Philip Leverhulme Prize.
- Summer 2007: Michael Barkley invited to attend the 9th Atmospheric Chemistry Colloquium for Emerging Senior Scientists (ACCESS).