ISAES XI - Evening Events
Sun 10th July
- Ice Breaker (Our Dynamic Earth)
The Ice Breaker will be held at Dynamic Earth, the main (indoor) Earth science attraction in Edinburgh. Click here for a map and directions to get to Dynamic Earth.
Mon 11th July
- Extended Poster Session and drinks (JMCC);
- Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) Mentoring event (JMCC)
Tues 12th July
- Lord Provost's Reception (City Chambers)
Please note that the Lord Provost's Reception has an upper limit of 200 attendees. Tickets will therefore only be issued to the first 200 delegates/guests who register for this event.
Wed 13th July
- ISAES Conference Dinner* (Playfair Library, Old College).
The conference dinner will include a private performance of Musician Mary-Ann Kennedy’s The Year of the Black Snow at Edinburgh University commissioned as part of the CORE activities. Renowned poet Douglas Dunn will read his short poem about the ship The Discovery and Antarctica play.
Thurs 14th July
- Local geological excursions and cultural tour;
- Coach trip to the Glenkinchie distillery* (guided tour of the distillery and whisky tasting)
* Please note that the conference dinner and distillery tour are not included within the conference registration. To attend these events an additional fee is payable. Please see the conference registration page for further details.