The School supports strong connections between graduates, employers, the Careers Service and our current students.
"People already working in geoscience jobs have stories to tell. They can help you discover the organisations and roles most exciting to you. Thinking about it sooner gives you extra time to realise your emerging ambitions." Saran Sohi, GeoSciences Careers Contact
Our seminar series runs each Wednesday 1.10–2.00 pm, Room 304B, Grant Institute.
Weekly talks from graduates working in geoscience occupations:
– what motivates them in their job, what are the highlights?
– what path did they take to their role?
– what went right and wrong along the way?
– were there pivotal moments or things they wish they had known sooner?
"I found great value in the seminars and the opportunities to speak with potential employers ... great benefit from a wider understanding of the jobs market in the environmental sector."
Our speakers cover consultancy, Government, multinational industry, non-profits, academia - and everything between. Insights from different types of organisation transcend disciplines, so come to all the talks. The sessions include time to ask questions and to chat after the talk, over refreshments. Support the series – spread the word.
The Careers Service at the University of Edinburgh
Specific information, advice and guidance to students across the University:
– Careers Service homepage: a self-service resource to decide practical steps to further your career goals
– MyCareerHub: your main portal and database for
appointments with Careers Service advisors
targeted job, internship and placement opportunities
training sessions, careers fairs and events.